System of Fractional Radiofrequencies RF
New method for the treatment of scars
Medical technology is taking huge steps forward and the data are changing continuously through the development of methods aimed at minimal invasiveness, i.e. techniques that:
- Cause the least possible pain,
- Require the shortest recovery period,
- Lead to the best possible result,
- Can be applied to all skin types, depending on each patient’s case.
This is the purpose of the new method’s application for the regeneration of the skin, which is called Fractional Μicroneedling RF, i.e. System of Fractional Radiofrequencies using insulated microneedles RF.
Today, the system of fractional radiofrequencies RF represents a cutting edge technology in invasive dermatology for skin regeneration and acne scars’ treatment. It is an RF system with a head consisting of 49 insulated microneedles or micropins, which penetrate in a lower skin layer (0,5-2,0 mm) producing energy through the emission of radiofrequencies. The system of fractional radiofrequencies RF, through its action below the skin’s surface, delivers the energy in a conical shape, with radiofrequencies that produce greater thermal stimulation.
The advantages of fractional radiofrequencies RF System:
- It does not exfoliate the skin and, therefore, it can be applied throughout the year, even during summertime;
- It is indicated for all skin types;
- No special treatment is needed after treatment;
- It does not prevent make-up use after treatment.
- Recovery is brief and there is no risk of hyperpigmentation.
- Usually two or three sessions are required, at least 4-6 weeks apart.
- The use of an individual detachable head per patient ensures hygiene.
- The cost of supplies is low per session.
The system of fractional radiofrequencies RF acts in depth, without affecting the skin’s surface and it triggers the required components that regenerate the skin, while it minimises significantly the treatment and recovery duration. It can be applied irrespectively of the time of the year or the morphology of the atrophic acne scars in only a few sessions. For this reason it is the most modern and less painful method of invasive dermatology for the treatment of atrophic acne scars, irrespectively of their type.
Radiofrequencies (RF) constitute a form of electromagnetic radiation, which has been applied for many years for haemostasis and other electrocoagulation processes in dermatology. In recent years their application has also been used in the field of cosmetic dermatology.
Radiofrequencies RF Radiation
- It is the transmission of non-ionising energy in the form of alternating electric and magnetic field.
- The sources of RF production that are applied for medical purposes normally operate at radiofrequencies of 2 MHz and 100 GHz of the electromagnetic radiation spectrum.
- The radiation is non-ionising given their low energy power, which cannot cause ionisation of atoms or molecules.
- They do not cause genetic lesions, genetic mutation and they are not related to additive effects.
- RF devices emit radiofrequencies through electrodes and they cause abrasion, increasing the temperature of the tissue.