DR. CHRISTOFER TZERMIAS
FULL NAME: Christofer Tzermias
SPECIALTY: Dermatologist – Venereologist
SPECIALISATION: Laser & Invasive Dermatology
MEDICAL PRACTICES: 1) 49, Vas. Sofias Avenue – Athens, 2) 71, Kifissias Avenue – Maroussi
TELEPHONE: 210 72 42 600
FAX: 210 72 34 230
Medical School: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Specialty: University Dermatology Clinic – Regional University Hospital of Ioannina
PhD Thesis: Study of permeability mechanisms of the skin
- Laser invasive dermatology
- Oxford University Clinic
- Lister Hospital, London
Scientific Titles and Activity
- Ex-Secretary treasurer of the European Society for Laser Dermatology
- Editorial member of Journal of Cutaneous Laser Therapy
- National Coordinator of European Society for Laser Dermatology
- Member of American Academy Dermatology
- Member of American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Member of the Hellenic Society of Dermatology and Venereology
- Ex-Vice president of the Professional Association of Greek Dermatologists and Venereologist
- Manager of the Department of Laser Dermatology at Athens Medical Centre from 1996 to 2014
- In the Elections of Athens Medical Association conducted in 2014 he was elected as a member of the Disciplinary Council of the Medical Association of Athens.
- Invited speaker in 25 International Conferences
- Invited speaker in 32 Greek Conferences
- 12 in International bibliography
- 11 in Greek bibliography
- 49, Vas. Sofias Avenue, Athens, tel 210 7242600
- 71, Kifissias Avenue, Maroussi, tel 210 6199819
He was born in Thessaloniki; His parents were born in Thessaloniki, as well as himself, and his distant origins are Crete, Constantinople and Smyrna.
His grandfather, Emmanouel Tzermias, was born and brought up in Tzermiadon, in the plateau of Lasithi, and after Eleftherios Venizelos’ movement and the Government of National Defence, in 1916, he settled in Thessaloniki.
His grandmother, Eftichia was born and brought up in Smyrna. After the disaster of 1922, and the extermination of her parents and siblings, she was saved and she moved to Thessaloniki by herself.
His grandfather Christofer Gaitanides was born in Selevria, Constantinople, and grew up in Constantinople. His grandmother Chrysaphenia, was born in Afthonee, in the Marmaras islands of Constantinople, and after the exchange of populations in 1922 she settled in Pyrgadikia, Chalkidiki, and Thessaloniki.
His father Constantinos Tzermias worked as an aircraft mechanical engineer, a senior car mechanical engineer and a businessman. In 1976, in Thessaloniki, he founded the car assistance service company Auto Check Up. His offering to the sport life of Thessaloniki has been important. For years he was President of the sport club Proodeftiki of Toumba and a member of the directing board of the Macedonia League of Football Clubs.
His sister Eftychia Tzermia-Skotida has been a notary in Thessaloniki since 1987.
He graduated from a school of Thessaloniki. He got his degree from the Medical School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in 1987, and he finished his residency in Dermatology, in the University of Ioannina. He specialised in Invasive Dermatology as a scholar of the British Council in the University of Oxford and various training centres for invasive dermatology in the USA.
After specialising in Laser Dermatology in the UK and the USA, he played a leading part in the application of advanced Laser technology in Greece. He is considered to be a guru (having wide and profound knowledge, experience, high status, as well as having offered a lot in education and teaching).
He founded the first and most equipped intra-hospital departments of Laser dermatology in Greece, in the Athens Medical Centre in Maroussi, as well as the St Lucas Clinic in Panorama, Thessaloniki. He is the founder, President and Scientific Manager of the Laserline Clinics, a network of centres specialising in Cosmetic Medicine and Laser all around Greece. During his management, 25 centres were created with 400 job positions of several specialties, among which, 70 openings for doctors, as well as 10 more franchising centres with 100 extra job positions. He retired from the company in 2009. Since 2009, Laserline clinics have been operating as independent, self-run centres, actually run by their shareholders, who happen to have worked for the network in the past, or collaborated with it in some way.
The term Cosmetic Medicine has been used and prevailed in Greece due to his action.
His studies have been published in valid international and Greek scientific magazines, his articles as well as chapters of his work have been included in international books, and his announcements in the proceedings of both international and Greek conferences in which he takes part with his speeches and lectures all over the world. He takes part with his speeches in the educational curriculum of the University Clinics of Athens and Ioannina. He frequently writes articles for the press and the internet, dealing with his subject matter on a wide basis.
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery – ASLMS
- European Society for Laser Dermatology (ESLD) and one of the 10 co-founders
- European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV)
- International Academy for Cosmetic Dermatology
- Hellenic Society of Dermatology and Venereology (ΕDΑΕ)
- Professional Union of Greek Dermatologists and Venereologists.
- Athens Club